The College on Polar and Extreme Environments (Polar2E) of the University of Lisboa (ULISBOA) is accepting applications to request financial support for young researchers to attend international conferences. Applications are evaluated in March, June, September, and December each year. Applications to request financial support must be submitted at least 90 days before the international conference.
The following rules apply:
- Master and PhD students, and early career post-docs (up to 5 years after the PhD defense) may apply.
- Awarded funding will cover the registration fee of the international conference plus travel costs, up to a maximum of 500 EUR.
- Any young researcher from ULISBOA may apply, but preference will be given to the ones who belong to the schools associated with the Polar2E College.
- The subject of the conference abstract must be associated with the research performed by Polar2E.
- Preference is given to participation in key international conferences in the strategical research areas covered by Polar2E.
In order to be considered to the review process the application must include the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae of the young researcher exported through the CIÊNCIAVITAE platform.
- Abstract submitted to the international conference that the candidate requests funding for.
- Motivation letter (1 page) for attending the conference and how it fits the Polar2E goals.
Application must be submitted to Professor Ricardo Trigo (email@example.com). Evaluation will be performed by the Board of Directors of Polar2E.
The supported applicants will be contacted with funding guidelines. Note that no refunds will be made, and all the bookings (registration, flights, etc.) will need to be conducted through Polar2E administrative procedures.