Polar2E – The University of Lisbon College on Polar and Extreme Environments opens a call for expressions of interest for PhD graduates to apply for the FCT Individual Call to Scientific Employment Stimulus – 3rd Edition. Polar2E is the new interdisciplinary College ULISBOA, joining the Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning, the Faculty of Sciences and the IST-Técnico, with researchers from several research centres from the University of Lisbon.
We are accepting applications on Polar and/or Extreme Environment research under the following Polar2E Strategical Areas:
– Biogeochemistry of extreme environments (Coord: João Canário, email@example.com),
– Changes in Polar marine ecosystems (Coord: Vanda Brotas, firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Climate modelling (Coord: Emanuel Dutra, email@example.com),
– Cryosphere / Permafrost (Coord.: Gonçalo Vieira, firstname.lastname@example.org),
– Polar and extreme ecosystems (Coord: Cristina Branquinho, email@example.com),
– Remote sensing (Coord: firstname.lastname@example.org),
– Space environment (Coord.: Paulo Gil, email@example.com).
– Sustainable architecture in extreme environments (Coord: Manuel Guedes, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Other topics may be accepted, if within the scope of Polar2E.
The applications will be pre-evaluated by the research centres of Polar2E for assessing the possibilities for support and integration as host institution (deadline: 14 February). Then, the candidates should submit the application to the FCT Call following the guidelines available at https://www.fct.pt/apoios/contratacaodoutorados/empregocientifico/ceec_ind_3.phtml.en (deadline: 26 February).
For the evaluation at Polar2E, candidates should submit: 1) a short cv with key publications, 2) a summary of the research plan (max 5,000 characters) and 3) a motivation letter, indicating the reference level to which is applying (Junior, Assistant, Principal or Coordinating Researcher).
Applications for pre-evaluation by Polar2E should be submitted to the coordinator of each Strategical Area, with cc to email@example.com until 14 February 2020. Please read carefully the FCT call at https://www.fct.pt/apoios/contratacaodoutorados/empregocientifico/ceec_ind_3.phtml.en before applying.